Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 5,001 to 5,020 of 5,067

Croctopus

@WoomyNNYes You need his amiibo. You can't invite any character to Photo Mode without their amiibo.

One fun fact is that taking photos with an idol in their hub of origin causes them and the others to disappear, so with Big Man, he and the rest of Deep Cut disappear from their studio during Photo Mode.

It's just a shame that, unlike in Splatoon 2, we can't take photos with an idol in their costume during a special Splatfest.

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Croctopus

Bear Cubs win the Sneak Peek with 33.89% to Li'l Bunnies' 33.52% and Baby Chicks with 32.59%.

Cubs will be first with 90p while Bunnies will be second with 45p.

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

vio

@OctolingKing13 Because of Taylor Swifts new album? What? LOL.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

CaleBoi25

@vio Eh, Swifties gonna Swiftie.

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

CaleBoi25

OK guys, hear me out:
If Super Switch launches in Q2 2025, I think we might get a direct port of S1. OG music, story, weapons, kits... EVERYTHING exactly the same, other than things like the map would be opened with X, and stuff like Inkstrike would now be thrown, since the map-on-the-second-screen gimmick isn't around anymore.

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Croctopus

@CaleBoi25 Even I've thought about a Splatoon 1 remaster, but I just don't know how it'd work and I doubt Nintendo would be interested. Really, I'd be OK if they just brought back Saltspray Rig and Urchin Underpass. It's weird that Underpass lives on in Mario Kart!

So far, this Spring Fest has been rocky for me, to say the least. My Friday night was ruined because my Wi-Fi stopped working. I've been able to play today, but usually get stomped by Team Bunnies. They've sometimes played dirty, too. There's been a couple of times when we were doing well, only for a bunny member to rage quit before the first minute is over, forcing the whole match to end. That's cheating!

I'm so tired of having a love/hate relationship with Splatfest. I want to love it for the theming, yet I'm too competitive to just have fun. I give every battle my 110% yet get too frustrated when I consistently lose. It's not like this is Anarchy Battle or Salmon Run, and other cub members might actually be doing very well. It's too easy to lose perspective.

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

CaleBoi25

@Croctopus Of the five rounds I did manage to play before leaving, four ended in comm errors for me, within the first 30 seconds--Don't assume everyone is rage quitting, because I sure wasn't!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

WoomyNNYes

CaleBoi25 wrote:

OK guys, hear me out:
If Super Switch launches in Q2 2025, I think we might get a direct port of S1. OG music, story, weapons, kits... EVERYTHING exactly the same, other than things like the map would be opened with X, and stuff like Inkstrike would now be thrown, since the map-on-the-second-screen gimmick isn't around anymore.

I dont see a port of the online game (even though I'd like it). I think Nintendo seems to focus splatoon online into one active game. Having more than one online Splatoon game hurts the size of each games' online community pool size. Having both Spaltoon 2 and Splatoon 3 on one console might be a rare thing?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Grumblevolcano

This Splatfest so far has felt like a mixture between mirror matches and 10x matches. Hopefully I'm able to get a 100x or 333x battle soon and the mirror matches become less common especially when I switch over to Tricolor when it goes live in a few hours.

EDIT: I got yet another 10x battle and now have the Gold Deep Cut badges as a result.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaleBoi25

I am so sad to be missing this Splatfest, I was hoping to get the last 10x win I needed, but that will have to wait till next time I suppose...

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

MarioVillager92

Just had my first session and I've been getting a good amount of wins for the teddy bears. No mirror matches, and I've only been matched up with the bunnies. Didn't see anybody on the baby chicks team yet, they're probably the least popular team, so I don't know how they're doing.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Croctopus

Bunnies lead at halftime with 33.55% to Bears in 33.48% and Chicks with 32.97%.

Ah, a setback. But this is a GROWTH INDUSTRY!

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

CaleBoi25

C'mon Bears! Do well in my absence, bring on the hairmageddon!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Grumblevolcano

Tricolor on Mahi Mahi Resort is complete chaos.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaleBoi25

I made my dream GRB kit
Untitled

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

WoomyNNYes

I'm skeptical the vote numbers are always so evenly split, like 33%, 32%, 33%. I don't think I've ever seen a really lopsided splatfest vote, where one team is significantly higher or lower.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

CinnamonRobin

The vote percentages usually aren't very even really. The Friday vs Saturday vs Sunday Splatfest was the most extreme I could find quickly, with around 22%, 66% and 10% of the votes respectively.

The other categories like clout and conch shells tend to be pretty even as they're averaged out per player rather than an overall total.

CinnamonRobin

vio

How can anyone be on Team Bunnies? They are so boring, no personality. Just hop around, that's about it LOL. Team Grizzco FTW!

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

jump

Mahi Mahi Resort is terrible for tri-thingy battles.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic