Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 6,561 to 6,569 of 6,569

MontyCircus

RR529 wrote:

Civil War (Cinema)

I saw it last weekend. I thought it was pretty good and ramped up towards the end, finishing strongly.

I thought Abigail was a pretty generic horror film with a couple of fun parts and lines.

Late Night with the Devil was the opposite of that, a really fresh found footage film of a '70s late night talk show...gone horribly wrong!

That's what I've seen in theatres this month. Looking forward to Challengers next week!

MontyCircus

RR529

Howard the Duck (Tubi) - I... Was not expecting to see duck boobs. Seriously, this is definitely pretty bad, but so much so that it's pretty hilarious (felt pretty decently high budget for a comedy as well. This was definitely a blunder). Still, ignoring the alien demon invasion aspect in the latter half, it could have maybe been salvageable if it stuck to Howard being a duck out of water in our world for more of it's runtime. This is the kind of project that should be a D+ MCU TV series (given the character is a tertiary peripheral existence in the GotG films). Tangently related to the overall brand, but not to the point where it's particularly important to film continuity.

Showdown in Little Tokyo (Blu-Ray) - Dolph Lundgren plays an L.A. supercop who has it out for the Yakuza, who are trying to get a foothold in the US (and whose leader killed his parents). Big on action, it's short, to the point, & pretty fun. I had actually caught this late night on HBO as a kid but never remembered the name or any of the actors, so I went about 2 decades without seeing it until now when I relearned of it. These old 80's/90's Hollywood flicks that deal with the topic/fear of Japan's growing economic/cultural relevance (at the time) might not always be the best representation, but as someone who was a Japan obsessed kid before widespread Internet adoption they were pretty much all we had outside of the occasional Godzilla marathon or whatever anime was airing on Cartoon Network at the time, so I have a bit of a nostalgic connection to them. Hope I can get around to seeing Rising Sun, Gung Ho, & Mr. Baseball in the future as well (& maybe discovering some I don't know of).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Zuljaras

Watched TMNT Mutant Mayhem and I was little disappointed. The animation style was really cool. The story was ok. Splinters "wife" was disgusting and April was extremely ugly. I have no idea why they decided to make her so unappealing and in 2 moments disgusting. Maybe to be funny but it was not for me.

With that said I will watch the sequel because I am a TMNT fan.

Sunsy

Space Jam: A New Legacy on Netflix tonight. Color me surprised, I thought this one was really good. A bit slow to start, but once Bugs Bunny came into the picture, the movie picked up and I ended up enjoying this one a lot. I'm also someone who watched the original Space Jam as a kid, so pleasantly surprised the sequel/reboot was good.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Too bad, not every Looney Tunes characters were included in second movie of Space Jam, compared from the first movie.
Pepe le Pew was absent. 😕
I still prefer the first Space Jam movie with 2 Unlimited song Get Ready For This, so 90's.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

DanijoEX-the-Pierrot

Thinkin' about watching that sci-fi parody, the Lost Skeleton of Cadavra. basically a parody of those sci-fi b-movies from the 50's to the 60's...I think. Too bad it ain't on Blu-ray. But getting it on DVD isn't a issue for me anyways.

I remember watching the previews on one of Sony's Godzilla DVD's. Recently bought Kiki's Delivery Service & it still reminds me of why it's so good.

I sell my famous Chesapeake Tupperware.
I ACCEPT NO DEBIT CARDS!
DO YOU HEAR ME!?!

Twitter:

MontyCircus

Zuljaras wrote:

Watched TMNT Mutant Mayhem and I was little disappointed. The animation style was really cool. The story was ok. Splinters "wife" was disgusting and April was extremely ugly. I have no idea why they decided to make her so unappealing and in 2 moments disgusting. Maybe to be funny but it was not for me.
With that said I will watch the sequel because I am a TMNT fan.

Yeah, it really played to the young "farts and boogers" crowd.
At least that "No Diggity" needle drop fight was hilarious though.

MontyCircus

MontyCircus

Just saw that tennis Zendaya movie Challengers.

It's one of those:

"No ending" movies. Where the audience is supposed to speculate and fill in what happens next, because the filmmakers were too lazy to do it for us.

You see, if they don't explain the plot and leave things ambiguous, then that makes it "art".

Well, I say that's "pretentious" and screw that.

So that's a thumbs down from me.

MontyCircus

Zuljaras

@MontyCircus The fighting scenes were really cool

The model quality of the turtles however is SO much better than ALL of the other models and it is distracting. Like the only areas where the animators put any effort were the environments and the 4 turtles

And at the end seeing them without their iconic mask wraps playing in the school was so damn weird! I was NOT a fan of it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic